Wednesday, March 21, 2007

#14 (Week 6). Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts.

Technorati is pretty useful and fun.

I typed "Learning 2.0" in the search box and searched in blog posts. Each time I searched, the numbers changed somewhat. There were 30,793 (or 29,499) results when I searched without quotation marks and 51 (or 2,631) results when I searched with quotation marks. The third entry of the fifty one was from the Minerva Shelved blog written by Minerva8843, my mysterious co-worker whom I finally met in person today. Four other blogs link to her blog.

I typed "Learning 2.0" in the search box and searched in blog directories. There were 75 results when I searched without quotation marks and no results when I searched with quotation marks.
I’ve added tags to most of my blog posts. Sometimes I change the tags.

I typed "Learning 2.0" in the search box and searched in tags. There were 283 results when I searched without quotation marks and 247 results when I searched with quotation marks. A blog entry from another mysterious co-worker, Ain't ain't a word was number one out of the 247 results. Our Library system rocks!

I also added two blogs to my Technorati favorites. I’ll add some more later.

No comments: